Hi guyz it take too much when I was creating article about unlocking this great device because the only problem creates the Bootloader so we have unlocked the boot loader of this phone so now we are free what to do, Now i have created this article for Flashing a Custom Recovery and through this we will be able to flash our favorite ROMs and other Zip flashable files, so just get concentrated to flash Recovery For Nexus 5.
Before You Begin: (must do)
1. You have to unlock your Nexus 5 Bootloader so you can do this, visit here to unlock bootloader.
1. TWRP Recovery
(other files are in the previous unlocking article)
1. When you downloaded the Recovery img file so put this in the ADB & fastboot folder. where you downloaded it in previous unlocking article
2. Just same as plug your device into PC via USB cable.
3. When the device is connected so same as Hold Shift and right click on ADB and fastboot folder, and click Open Command Prompt Here, and type the following code: type the first line when device is restarted in bootloader mode so type the second.
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-hammerhead.img
So this command line will first restart your device and then flash the recovery img file.
Going into Recovery Mode just few steps:
- Power off the phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds
- The device will enter Bootloader mode
- Use volume keys to navigate the menu and Power button to select options/files.
- Now scroll till ”Recovery mode” displays
- Then press Power button to select it
Now your device is flashed with a Custom TWRP recovery img. Enjoy ROMS