Sony Xperia Z3 is the latest flagship smartphone released by Sony. It is the successor of Xperia Z2, this time it comes with lots of improvements. Sony Xperia Z3 is packed with 5.2 inches 1080p display, 2.5 GHz quad-core CPU, 3 GB RAM, 16 / 32 GB internal storage, 20.7 megapixel camera and Android 4.4.4. As compared to the previous model, this time Z3 is much enhanced and improved.
As everyone knows, an Android smartphone should be customized as much as possible. In this tutorial, I will gain root access on this device. In addition, I will also install a custom made recovery which is called ” CWM Recovery”. This custom recovery will enable us to install custom ROMs on our Xperia Z3. We will be also able to customize the whole smartphone theme as we want.
Customization is the major feature in Android. That is the reason everyone prefers Android. Even I myself when sometimes times don’t like the user interface of my smartphone so with the help of the custom recovery I change my smartphone’s whole look.
Please follow the below procedures to root your Sony Xperia Z3 and Install Custom Recovery in it.
- Your device must be charged atleast 60%.
- Your device boot loader must be unlocked
- Fastboot must be working on your PC.
- Drivers must be installed correctly to support the device in fastboot mode.
Download Required Files:
- Download the above both zipped files
- Extract the Fastboot file.
- Move the CWM Recovery img file to the fastboot folder.
- Rename the CWM Recovery img file to boot.img. This will help you in writing the name.
- Now connect your device to PC in fastboot mode. Turn off your phone, hold Volume Up and connect your device to PC.
- Hold shift on the keyboard and right click on the Fastboot folder click on Open Command Prompt Here.
- In command prompt type:
fastboot flash boot.img
- Then type:
- If you got reply “waiting for device”, this means that your device is not supported in fastboot mode or not correctly connected. Try installing drivers to support device in fastboot mode.
- To restart your phone in recovery mode, Turn off your phone, Turn it on. When the LED light turns red/green/amber etc keep pressing Volume Up your phone will start in recovery mode.
Download Required Files:
- Download the above zipped file.
- Move the zip file to the internal storage of your device
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode, as written above.
- In recovery mode, Install zip from scdard > Choose zip from sdcard > click on the Supersu.zip file where you stored it before. Click yes to continue the installation.
- After installation Reboot your system.
- Enjoy root access.