Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9100 has been a successful smartphone and if you are a fortunate owner of this phone, then you should consider rooting it to expand its functionality. Here’s a simple guide explaining how you can root your Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9100 smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The warranty of the phone will be voided once you root it. If you need it in future, then you can apply the stock firmware or unroot your phone.
2. Make sure your phone has enough battery life left so it can last through the rooting process.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Download the Rooting Package from here
III. Rooting Galaxy S Plus i9100:
1. Place the downloaded Rooting Package file onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Transfer the Rooting Package file to your phone’s SD card storage. Do NOT put it inside any folder, just leave it in the root folder.
4. After the file transfer is completed, just disconnect your phone from the PC.
5. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power key.
6. Boot your phone into the recovery mode. You can do it by pressing and holding Volume UP+Power keys together.
7. When you see a box icon on your phone’s screen, immediately press the Menu key and you will enter the recovery mode.
8. From the options which appear in recovery menu, choose apply update from sdcard option.
9. Select the file you transferred earlier to your phone using the Home key. The rooting process will begin and take a few seconds to finish.
10. Once the rooting process is finished, choose reboot system now from the recovery menu.
Your phone will reboot and when it boots up, you will see that you have root access on it.
IV. Custom Recovery:
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy S Plus