We have been getting comments that the SuperOneClick doesn’t work to root the Samsung Galaxy S Advanced I9070 smartphone and we know how painful it is when you really need root access on your smartphone and you don’t have it. You don’t have to worry any longer as we, actually the XDA Developers, have come up with a root method that just works fine to root your smartphone so you can perform your tasks on it. Here’s how you can root your Samsung Galaxy S Advanced I9070 smartphone:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You are voiding the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, you can get the warranty back by either unrooting it or installing the stock firmware.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Original Kernel (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S Advanced I9070:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Root Package archive to your Desktop.
3. From the files you extracted, double-click the Odin3 v1.83.exe file.
4. Enable USB debugging on your smartphone from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
5. Enable Mock Locations on your smartphone from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>Allow Mock Locations.
6. Turn OFF your smartphone using the Power button.
7. Reboot your smartphone into the Download mode. To do so, while your smartphone is turned OFF, press and hold Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Connect your smartphone to the PC using the USB cable.
9. Odin should show your device as connected in its main interface.
10. Click on the PIT tab in the Odin and choose the GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit which you extracted from the Root Package.
11. Now, click on the PDA tab and choose the rootkernel.tar.md5 file.
12. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin, leave rest as unchecked.
13. Hit the Start button and it should begin rooting your device.
14. After the rooting is finished, your device should reboot.
15. Turn OFF your device.
16. Once again, put your device into the Download mode. Just press and hold Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together and your device should boot up into the Download mode.
17. Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable.
18. Open up the Odin Tool on your PC by double-clicking the Odin3 v1.83.exe file, it’s the file you extracted from the Root Package.
19. Click on the PIT tab in the Odin and choose the GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit to be flashed on your device. This file should exist where you extracted the contents of the Root Package.
20. Click the PDA tab and choose the Original Kernel file you downloaded earlier. It should match up with your device’s firmware.
21. Check-mark the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes in the Odin and leave rest of the options as unchecked.
22. Start the process by hitting the Start button.
23. Your device should reboot after the Odin has finished its work.
24. Now, head over to the Play Store and download the Superuser and BusyBox apps. Install them on your device
Congrats ! You have successfully achieved root access on your smartphone and now you can manage the root rights using the Superuser app.