Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 users have been waiting for a root method since a long time and it looks like their wish is going to be fulfilled. A root method is now available for the aforementioned device that lets you gain root on the device and enjoy plenty of root-only apps available out there. Here’s how you can do that:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll open.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Rooted ROM file available on your Desktop.
5. Make sure that the Repartition box isn’t checked.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Press the Volume UP button to get into Download mode.
9. Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Hit Start in Odin and it’ll start flashing the firmware on your device.
11. Once the firmware has been flashed, reboot your device.
12. And you’re all done!
Excellent! You’ve successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 smartphone and it’s now ready to be loaded with root-only apps!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):