Now that you have the ClockworkMod Recovery present on your Grand, it’s time to go ahead and root it. And if you are familiar with ClockworkMod Recovery, this will be much more easier although not necessarily required. So read on then to root your Galaxy Grand.
I. Before You Begin
1. You need to have custom recovery installed for this guide to work. Follow our guide on the same to help you.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more and back up anything you feel is important before you begin.
II. Necessary Downloads
III. Rooting the Galaxy Grand
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy Fix-Recovery.zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.10.zip to your device’s external SD card.
2. Turn off your device and put it into recovery mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously until you enter recovery mode.
3. Choose Install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Now navigate to the location of Fix-Recovery.zip and flash the zip file.
4. Go back to the main menu and repeat Step 3 but this time choose UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.10.zip.
5. Go back to the main menu again and select reboot system now.
Once your device reboots, you should have the SuperSU app installed in your app drawer. If you still want to confirm that you have root access, install a root-requiring app or use Root Checker on Google Play to verify.