Maybe you’ve updated your Motorola Xyboard to ICS and it broke-root access? No worries, you can always use a latest root exploit to root your device. In this case, a root method has just popped-up for the ICS firmware and it seems to be working fine for the users. This guide shows how you can root your Motorola Xyboard running Ice Cream Sandwich, so without further ado, get onto the procedure.
I. Before You Begin:
1. As you may already know, rooting your device will void its warranty. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must be running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Root Package
(Download link’s given in the ICS section, step-3)
III. Rooting the Motorola Xyboard on Ice Cream Sandwich:
1. Place the Root Package archive you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your Xyboard to your PC via USB cable.
5. Now double-click on the DroidRazrRoot404.bat file you have on your Desktop.
6. Follow the instructions given in the tool.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Excellent! You’ve successfully rooted your Motorola Xyboard and an app named Superuser has been installed on your device.
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):