Want to get the most out of your Motorola Atrix 4G smartphone? Want to root it so you can install your favorite root-only apps on it? No worries, here’s how you can do that. Rooting has a number of advantages and doing so is a play of child if you follow our guide below. Here’s how you can root your Motorola Atrix 4G smartphone:
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Your device needs to be fully charged before you do this procedure.
3. This works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
2. RSD Lite
(It’s attached in the first post)
III. Flashing the SBF on the Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T):
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the RSD Lite archive onto your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the RSD Lite executable file and it’ll open.
4. Click on “…” and choose the SBF file you downloaded earlier to your Desktop.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Pull the battery out of your device.
7. Remove microSD card as well as SIM card from your device.
8. Put the battery back in your device.
9. Now press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
10. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Hit the Start button in the RSD Lite tool and it’ll start flashing the SFB file.
12. Once the file’s been flashed, reboot your device.
IV. Rooting the Motorola Atrix 4G (AT&T):
1. Head over to Google Play and download and install the Terminal Emulator
app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Type in following commands into the app:
/bin/mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /preinstall/su /system/bin/
chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
4. It should root your device.
5. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! You have successfully rooted your Motorola Atrix 4G smartphone on the AT&T network. Go ahead and install your favorite root-only apps on your device!
V. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):