Installing custom recovery was the first step in rooting the Canvas HD and we will now show you how to actually root the device. Rooting bestows your device with capabilities that your manufacturer doesn’t want you to have – overclocking/underclocking, changing themes completely are just some them and you will find out what more you can do with a rooted device when you are done.
I. Before You Begin
1. You will need to have a custom recovery installed in order to flash unofficial zip files. Use our guide on the same to help you.
2. Back up anything you feel is important.
3. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
4. Install the necessary drivers before you actually begin the rooting process. This will prevent any unwanted breaks while actually rooting. Use these drivers
if you haven’t already installed them.
II. Necessary Downloads
III. Rooting the Canvas HD
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy both Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip and su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip to your device’s internal SD card.
2. Disconnect your device and turn it off.
3. Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until you see the screen where it asks you to press Volume Up for recovery. Press Volume Up to enter recovery.
4. Use Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate to ‘install zip from zip card‘ and press the Power button to select it.
5. On the next screen, select ‘choose zip from SD card.‘
6. Navigate to Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip you copied above and press Power to select it.
7. Navigate to ‘Yes – install Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip’ and press Power button to start flashing.
8. Go back to main menu.
9. Follow Steps 4 to 8 but select su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip this time.
10. Finally, select reboot system now.
You should find the Superuser app in your app drawer once you reboot your device. If you still want to know if you are really rooted, go to the Play Store and install Root Checker