Sprint and AT&T have adapted the LG’s flagships smartphone, LG Optimus G, on their networks and you can go and get the device from either carrier. As soon as the device became available to the users, the need for root access became obvious and fortunately the developers were able to gain root access on the device. You can now root the Sprint LG Optimus G smartphone and gain access to plenty of new apps offered only to root-only smartphones. To help you out with rooting the device, we’ve crafted a nice guide just below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have drivers for your device installed on your PC.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Rooting the LG Optimus G (Sprint):
1. Place the Root Package archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Turn ON the Unknown sources option as well from Menu>>Settings>>Security.
5. Once both are enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Right-click on the RootOptimusG.bat file you have on your Desktop and choose Run as administrator.
7. Press the Y button on your keyboard and hit Enter.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions.
9. And you should be rooted now!
Brilliant! Your device has been successfully rooted and you can now remove any unwanted system apps that came preloaded on the device!