I. Before You Begin
1. This procedure works only on the F240 version of the LG Optimus G Pro before you install the value pack update that is available now. You will not be able to upgrade to the value pack after rooting!
2. There is currently no unrooting solution available; so make sure that you really need root access before you proceed.
3. Back up anything you feel is important and charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
4. Make sure that you have the necessary LG drivers installed before you start.
II. Necessary Downloads
LG Optimus G Pro Root (optimusforums.com).rar [File attached to this post
; requires registration at the site to be able to download]
III. Rooting the Optimus G Pro
1. Extract LG Optimus G Pro Root (optimusforums.com).rar to a folder on your desktop.
2. Enable USB debugging on your device. To do this, go to Settings > Development and tick the USB debugging checkbox.
3. Enable installation of apps from unknown sources. To do this, go to Settings > Security and tick the Unknown sources checkbox.
4. Connect your device to your Windows PC in LG Software mode using the microUSB cable that came with the device. Your PC should install any drivers needed at this point.
5. From the extracted folder, double-click on Root.bat to start the procedure.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
At the end of the procedure, your LG Optimus G Pro should be rooted! To verify, look for the SuperSU app in your app drawer or download the Root Checker app from the Play Store.