Maybe your Samsung Galaxy Rush’s stock performance just doesn’t cut it? Maybe you want to improve the performance of your device? Either way, this guide should help you. Overclocking enables you to increase the performance of your device by modifying the CPU clock speed. So at the end, you’ll have a device that runs much faster than before and lets you enjoy your favorite apps and games without any lags. Here’s how you can overclock your Samsung Galaxy Rush device:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Rush procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. If you followed our root guide above, you have it already.
II. Make a Backup:
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot app on your device.
2. Once the app’s been installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option to reboot your device into Recovery mode.
4. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. Create a backup of your entire filesystem and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
III. Downloading Required Files:
1. A-kernel (Download link’s available in the first post)
IV. Flashing the Overclock Kernel on the Samsung Galaxy Rush:
1. Place the A-kernel zip on your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the A-kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the kernel has been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Tap on the Recovery option to reboot your device into Recovery mode.
7. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the A-kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. As soon as you select the zip, it’ll begin flashing it on your device.
10. Once the zip has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re all done!
V. Overclocking the Samsung Galaxy Rush:
1. Download and install any of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, open the app from your App Drawer.
3. Use the available options inside the app to increase your CPU clock speed. Keep on increasing it as long as your device doesn’t crash.
4. Make sure not to select save on boot option in the app as it may lead to crash of your device.
5. Once your device becomes stable at a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re done!
Cheers! Your Galaxy Rush’s been successfully overclocked!
VI. Reverting Back to the Stock Kernel (Optional):
1. Launch the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option to reboot your device into Recovery mode.
3. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the most recent backup you have there to be restored on your device.
5. It’ll begin restoring the backup on your device, will take some good time to finish.
6. Once the backup’s been restored, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Article Categories:How to Overclock · Samsung