Is your LG Thrill 4G still as thrilling as it was when you purchased it? Most likely not. Over the time we get used to the functionality of the device and feel bored with it. How about doing some customizations on your device? If you’re rooted, you can overclock your device to boost its speed and improve the overall performance. This certainly helps if your device’s running slow and you would like to speed it up. Here’s how you can go about overclocking your device:
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the LG Thrill 4G
procedure first and root your device.
2. You must have CWM Recovery installed on your device. Follow our guide
on the same to do that.
II. Make a Backup:
1. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Quick Boot
app on your device.
2. Launch the app from your App Drawer.
3. Hit the Recovery option to reboot your device into Recovery mode.
4. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by backup.
5. It’ll create a backup of your current firmware and save it on your device.
6. You’re done!
III. Downloading Required Files:
IV. Flashing the Overclock Kernel on the LG Thrill 4G:
1. Download and place the Thrillz Kernel on your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Kernel zip over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once it has been copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
6. Tap on the Recovery option to reboot your device into Recovery mode.
7. Once inside Recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Thrillz Kernel zip to be flashed on your device.
9. It’ll begin flashing the zip on your device, will take a couple of minutes to finish.
10. Once the kernel has been flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re all done!
V. Overclocking the LG Thrill 4G:
1. Download and install either of these apps on your device:
2. Once installed, open the app from your App Drawer.
3. Now drag the slider or use the available option to increase your CPU clock speed. Keep on increasing it as long as your device doesn’t crash.
4. Make sure not to choose save on boot option in the app as it may lead to crash of your device.
5. Once your device becomes stable at a specific clock speed, close the app.
6. You’re all set!
Cheers! Your LG Thrill 4G has been successfully overclocked and is all ready to provide you with some extra speeds!
VI. Reverting Back to the Stock Kernel (Optional):
1. Open the Quick Boot app from your App Drawer.
2. Hit the Recovery option to reboot your device into Recovery mode.
3. Once in Recovery, select backup and restore followed by restore.
4. Choose the most recent backup you have there to be restored on your device.
5. It will begin restoring the backup on your device, will take some good time to finish.
6. Once the backup’s been restored, reboot your device.
7. You’re all done!
Cool! You’ve successfully flashed the stock kernel on your device, have a safe time with a safe kernel!