As we have rooted this Samsung Galaxy S4 Active in our previous article and did some customization, but now we want to use some custom made ROMs such as AOKP, AOSP, CyanogenMod, PAC ROM etc but we have only rooted our phone so now we will flash a custom recovery image in our Samsung Galaxy S4 Active for the ability to flash .zip files through this recovery we can do more and many things to our loved smartphone, so get concentrated and read it carefully
I. Before You Begin:
1. This works on the International variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active only. Doesn’t work for the AT&T variant.
3. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active:
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll open.
4. Click on PDA and select the CWM Recovery file available on your Desktop.
5. Make sure the Repartition box isn’t checked in the Odin.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. Press the Volume UP button to continue to Download mode.
9. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the recovery on your device.
11. Once the recovery’s been flashed, your device will automatically reboot.
12. You’re all done!
Congrats! You’ve successfully flashed a custom recovery on your Galaxy S4 Active. You’re now all ready to get started with custom ROMs!