Unlike other devices which normally use ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery, the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch will have AGAT recovery, which is mostly similar in functionality to CWM or TWRP. The guide below will take you through the necessary to steps to get this on your D710 and you will have the chance to flash custom ROMs as soon as it is done!
I. Before You Begin
1. You need to be rooted before you can install a custom recovery on your SPH-D710. Use our guide
for help with the same if you haven’t already rooted your device.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more to prevent it from shutting down during the procedure.
3. Back up anything you feel is important before you start.
II. Necessary Downloads
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Epic 4G Touch
1. Put your device into Download mode. To do this, power off, then press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until you get a warning screen and then press Volume Up.
2. Extract the Odin 1.85.rar file you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
5. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin3 v1.85.exe to run the tool.
6. Click on PDA button, locate AGAT_FI27_repack.tar and click on OK to load it on Odin.
7. Connect your device to your PC. The ID:COM field on Odin should light up yellow signifying that it has recognized your device.
8. Make sure that the Re-Partition and Flash Lock are unchecked; this is important as you might brick your device if these options are ticked!
9. Click on Start.
Once the device reboots, you should have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your Epic 4G Touch!