So you just rooted your Samsung Galaxy Discover and wish to give custom ROMs a shot? No problem, but before you can do that you’re going to need a custom recovery. This post explains how you can get a custom recovery up and running on your Galaxy Discover and then get the best Mods and ROMs running on your device. Here’s how:
I. BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. DOWNLOADING REQUIRED FILES:
III. FLASHING A CUSTOM RECOVERY ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY DISCOVER SGH-S730M:
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll open.
4. Click on PDA and select the CWM Recovery file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Make sure you haven’t checkmarked the box saying Repartiton.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Turn it back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. Your device should reboot into the Download mode.
9. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and it’ll begin flashing the recovery on your device.
11. It should take a couple of minutes to finish the job.
12. Once the recovery’s been flashed, reboot your device.
13. You’re all done!
Congrats! Your device’s been successfully equipped with a custom recovery. Go ahead and taste-out some of the best ROMs for your device!