Have you ever seen someone running a newer version of Android firmware on his/her device than the official firmware version for his device? Most probably you have. The reason why he’s able to do so is because he’s flashed a custom ROM on his device. Yes, a custom ROM can provide you with everything that you couldn’t get from the stock ROM and in order to flash such custom ROMs, you’re going to need a custom recovery. Fortunately, a custom recovery’s available for the Micromax Canvas 2 Plus and the guide below shows how you can install the same on your device. So go ahead and do it right away:
I. Before You Begin:
2. Make sure your device has at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Micromax Canvas 2 Plus:
1. Download and place the Recovery Image on your Desktop.
2. Head over to the Google Play and download and install the Mobileuncle MTK Tools app on your device
3. Plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Recovery Image over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once it’s been copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Launch the Mobileuncle MTK Tools app from your App Drawer.
7. Tap on the Recovery Update button and choose the Recovery Image you copied earlier to be flashed on your device.
8. It’ll begin flashing it on your device, shouldn’t take too long to finish.
9. Once the Recovery has been flashed, reboot your device.
10. You’re all set!
Excellent! You’ve successfully flashed CWM Recovery on your Micromax Canvas 2 Plus smartphone. Enjoy the custom ROMs love!